James River Church Life Group - Sheri Smith
Lesson #3 The New Normal - by John Lindell
Chapter Two More Heart
Book of Joshua in the Old Testament
Scriptures: Joshua 1:6 Romans 8:37 James 4:2 Joshua 3:9-10 Prov. 18:21 Joshua 3:5 1 Peter 2:9 Joshua 3:9-10
- "More" is not the currency of the kingdom of God. God has equipped us for today to receive His ability for our daily life.
- Courage = having more heart. Integrity = Integrated.
- More heart has to do with courage. Strength is related to trust in God. Courage is what happens when God's strength permeates your soul. More heart = resolve and focus from a convinced heart. More than conquerors in Christ Jesus!!!
- Our journey into the promised land isn't just about us, it also affects the people around us.
- Be strong and courageous for not only yourself but for the people around you. Joshua 1:5–6 (NKJV)5 No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life; as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you nor forsake you. 6 Be strong and of good courage, for to this people you shall divide as an inheritance the land which I swore to their fathers to give them.
- God doesn't tell Joshua exactly what to do but instead, how to be.
- As courage fills our hearts we live with focused resolve, a conviction.
- A powerful life is lived from conviction, not preference.
- Prayer makes the difference between what we see and don't see in life.
- James 4:2 You don't have, because you don't ask
- Choose to have a heart for God. Choose not to live in fear. Choose to be strong. Choose to be courageous. Take that step. Have convictions.
- Prov. 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue.
- Joshua 3:5 Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do wonders among you.